Rosemary bread has a fragrant, authentic Mediterranean flavor. This bread recipe is moist, light and has a crispy crust. It goes wonderfully with soup or stew, a real treat! Here we have two recipes for different bread machine sizes on how to make the perfect rosemary bread.
Preparation time 10 minutes – cooking time will vary per machine
- 1⅛ cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⅛ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- ¾ tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 ¾ teaspoons yeast
- 1½ cups water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- First begin by ensuring your bread machine is assembled and in working order, and you have all the necessary utensils to complete the recipe. In this recipe you will be using the machine’s baking pan, dough pen, kneading paddles and of course the cooling rack.
- The next step is to select the light crust setting, which will give a nice crispy light golden crust.
- You can now add the ingredients one at a time, following the order they have been listed above. Once all the ingredients are in the baking pan you can close the lid and select the mix button. If your machine does not start immediately, wait a few minutes as it may be heating up. Always refer to the bread machine instructions.
- After ten or fifteen minutes lift the lid of the machine to inspect the mixture. Dip a spoon in and decide whether the dough is too wet or too dry. If it is either of these then add water or flour to create the right consistency. If you had to add anything, knead for a minute longer.
- Now the dough should be the perfect consistency and you can turn your machine setting to “basic” or “white bread”. Wait until the bread is cooked and carefully remove from the machine. Place it onto the cooling rack to cool.
- Tips and Suggestions: A good tip for this bread is to stop it cooking after ten minutes and open the machine lid, then brush with vegetable oil and continue to bake until ready. Consider adding garlic or garlic-flavored oil to the mix for an even more flavorsome recipe! Once the bread has cooled consider decorating with real sprigs of rosemary for that special touch.